POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : 2 different ways to "trace" on HF in M.P. [~645KB Mpeg1] : 2 different ways to "trace" on HF in M.P. [~645KB Mpeg1] Server Time
20 Jul 2024 19:29:54 EDT (-0400)
  2 different ways to "trace" on HF in M.P. [~645KB Mpeg1]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 18 Apr 2000 04:20:56
Message: <38fc1ae8@news.povray.org>
Okay, I used 'trace' in MegaPov for the first time because of Chris Huff's
prodding :-) well it seemed like prodding.
It was tough going for me but I finally managed to animate the camera using it
in a fly-over of a height field.  The air turbulence made me get out the
air-sickness bag but when I recovered I attempted to use the trace vectors in a
cubic spline of 6 evenly distanced points by writing the vectors out to a text
file first.  Since I only used 6 points I made a #while loop to do a simulated
run which had the 6 virtual frames, then the trace values were #declared and
#write used to put into a file.  That file was then used as 'spline' input.
Anyhow, it turned out very smooth of course, if still topsy-turvy.  This
animation shows the non-splined, raw, trace data version during the first half
and the splined version during second half.  Quick small file so I suggest
looping it.
I was thinking I should probably post it to p.t.s-f. too, I had trouble
discerning the two methods with #if directives so give me awhile yet to try and
fix that up.  If I can't very soon I'll post it anyway.

Bob
--
omniVerse http://users.aol.com/persistenceofv/all.htm

Post a reply to this message